Any product you buy has the potential to have a defect that can cause you harm. Defects can be due to the product's poor design, manufacturing errors, confusing user manuals, or inferior marketing. If you are injured by a defective product you have the right in California to seek legal counsel and file a California product liability claim. The California defective product attorneys at AgnewBrusavich can help you with your claim and fight on your behalf to ensure your legal rights are protected.
What Products are Most Vulnerable to Defects?
It just happens that some products are more vulnerable to having defects than others. Given this it may seem like the consumer should be responsible for any injuries they sustain from a product that is defective because they should know better. Nothing could be further from the truth. Manufacturers and stores that stock products on their shelves are liable for defective products that cause their customers harm.
The average consumer trusts that what they buy online or in the store will be safe and will not hurt them. The majority of the time this is true, but there are still cases of injuries and even death from defective products that take place every day across the country. Knowing which products have a higher incidence of defects can help you reduce your risk for injuries or worse when you are shopping. The following products have the highest rates of product liability suits:
- Food can have contaminants that can cause consumers to become ill. The production process with food leaves opens many opportunities for dangerous contaminants to infect food. When a consumer eats a food product that is affected, they can become ill.
- Medicine, similar to food, has a production process where there is ample opportunity for cross-contamination.
- Household appliances including stoves and toasters, for example, can easily lead to major injuries if they are defective.
- Children's toys, gear, and clothing can be hazardous if they are defective or have parts that are perilous for little ones. Small pieces that can easily break off pose choking hazards and strollers with parts that are poorly made can lead to significant injuries to a child if it breaks down. Inferior child car seats are commonly recalled because they are a huge danger to a child's life in the event of a crash.
- Car parts only need the smallest defect to impart massive destruction to the automobile's occupants. If your brakes or tires don't operate properly or if your airbag doesn't deploy correctly or deploys too violently you could sustain life-altering injuries in the event of a crash.
Speak to a California Product Defect Attorney Today
If you or someone you love was injured by a defective product in California, you deserve to obtain compensation for your injuries and losses. The Torrance defective product attorneys at AgnewBrusavich have the experience necessary to ensure that you obtain a fair settlement. Don't hesitate to call the California personal injury attorneys at AgnewBrusavich after your injury accident so that we can get started working on your case. You can schedule a free consultation by calling (310) 928-9081.